The best meat and cheese for you
You reading this is a sign that you’re on the prowl for organic meat and cheese, which is a strong indication that you agree that life’s too good, either to a) feel guilty about eating meat and cheese that comes from a sad animal, and b) eat stuff that makes your body sad. And bad.
But if you’re part of the crowd that does not yet (we’re about to change that) understand the difference between organic meat and cheese and mass store bought meat and cheese, well, here’s why we at SOUL Food organic farmer’s market go to the trouble of sourcing it for you.
Why meat and cheese from an organic farmer’s market?
- The local farmers that provide our meat and cheese, make awesome products, but with compassion. Unlike cheaper mass store meat and cheese, the animals from our farmers live in an environment resembling, as much as possible, their natural one. This makes for happy cows, pigs, goats, chickens. We like that. Whether cows, pigs, goats and chickens are happy or not, has an effect on your body.
- These animals eat what they should be eating, instead of being stuffed with antibiotics and growth hormones. This also impacts your body, in a big way. Because whatever animals get fed, you end up eating. It’s no wonder people are getting bigger and bigger and bigger...just saying.
- The thing about animals being fed hormones is not only many times cruel because of the effects on the animal, but can also contribute to poor health in humans. Hormones from animal products that you ingest, can cause serious problems, like cancer (is it any wonder more and more people are getting cancer?), thyroid diseases, obesity, diabetes, infertility, allergies and all sorts of other nasties.
- When you consume antibiotics from the animal products you eat, this can lead to resistant bacteria strains that may be harmful to human health, and the disruption of good bacteria balance in your gut. When this gets disturbed, you’re saying hello to immunity issues, mental problems, digestive complaints, etc. It’s just not funny.
Random fascinating facts about meat and cheese
- The people of Greece eat the most cheese, and ¾ of that is feta.
- Almonds contain the same amount of protein as a steak.
- We could live off fruit and still get enough protein. For instance, 1 cup of lychee contains 1.6 grams of protein.
- McDonalds only sells the McRib when pork prices are low.
- One major benefit of eating cheese is that it helps protect tooth enamel and has an antibacterial effect.
- If all the hamburgers eaten by Americans in one year were put into a straight line, it would go around earth 32 times or more.